Our highly successful agency was established over 25 years ago. We operate from a beautiful studio space in Cornwall, literally minutes from the coast, and work with clients throughout the UK.
We’re looking for an experienced Account Manager with at least four years’ experience working in a similar role at a creative agency. You’ll join a friendly, talented team, have the opportunity to own a portfolio of clients, and possess the skills required to proactively take our client services to another level.
You’ll work closely with our project management team to create tailored solutions for our clients, helping to build strong and lasting relationships.
Here, you’ll find an informal culture with bags of character. The team is extremely friendly, and this attitude is evident throughout the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an established creative business with a great reputation.
Key functions of the role:
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts.
- Understand a client’s business and strategic objectives and develop creative briefs, then work with our internal team in order to develop effective solutions.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients.
- Maintain a CRM of all clients, understand different client types and tailor their experiences to suit.
- Arrange regular meetings with clients and travel to them.
- Deliver presentations in order to showcase Nixon’s services.
- Create client development plans to proactively identify and maximise account opportunities, across all the agency’s services.
- Write briefs for each project and agree these with the client ahead of commencing the work internally.
- Create accurate quotes and negotiate agreements to maximise profits.
- Working with the project management team, develop realistic and achievable timescales for projects, in line with the wider studio schedule.
- Act as the first point of contact for client questions and requests, with support from the project management team, who will be able to assist with day-to-day requests.
- Work with the project management team to monitor the progress of each project against the schedule and budget.
- Regularly update clients on the current work status of their projects.
- Conduct post-project reviews with the project management team, both internally and externally, to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Achieve and exceed agreed targets.
- Attend new client meetings/pitches as and when required.
- Produce accurate reports on the status of accounts, covering both revenue and profitability.
- Carry out regular forecasting for each client, and track this against the current account status on a daily basis.
- Gain feedback from clients and share this with Nixon’s team members, in order to improve our service.
- Attend networking events and seminars to maximise awareness of our brand.
- Monitor the market to identify, develop and grow potential opportunities.
- Update and use the internal CRM systems to maintain client details, create quotes, and monitor project statuses.
- With direction from the Finance Coordinator, ensure all client invoices are settled on time.
About the successful candidate:
- Over four years’ experience of account management within a creative agency.
- Passionate about brand and design.
- Ability to understand a client’s individual needs, their sector and the commercial challenges they face.
- Demonstrable experience of nurturing relationships and building client accounts.
- Ability to interpret client objectives into a creative brief for the internal studio team.
- Ability to negotiate and cross-sell agency services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Naturally organised, and able to manage a portfolio of accounts.
- Resilient and determined, with a focus on successful outcomes.
- Financial acumen, including regular forecasting and reporting for client accounts.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and covering letter, together with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 25th March, and we'll be holding interviews from 27th March onwards. Oh, and strictly NO agencies. Thank you!