This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and proactive graduate or a copywriter looking for their second role. Our beautiful studio is on the top floor of a historic converted warehouse in Hayle, west Cornwall. We also have a light-filled central London office in leafy Clerkenwell.
Salary: £16,000-19,500 depending on experience
Full-time (37.5 hours per week) or part-time (negotiable)
What you can expect:
Duties on a typical day might range from proof-reading, editing and adding content to a website to copywriting and implementing content strategies for Nixon and our clients. You’ll also work within our content team to research and write copy for a range of formats (both online and offline), generate ideas, produce SEO data and create marketing collateral such as blog and social media posts.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Proven writing skills and creative flair. You might not have extensive professional experience, but we’d love to see examples of your work, even if it’s just a personal blog or unpublished article.
- A 2:1 degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as English or Communications, or at least one year’s experience in a similar role.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, with a perfectionist’s eye for detail.
- A working knowledge of popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Good team working skills and a positive attitude, coupled with an ability to work well alone.
- Confidence in speaking to clients and small groups, both in person and on the telephone.
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A genuine desire to learn and develop.
- The ability to produce work to agreed (and occasionally tight) deadlines.
- A willingness to occasionally travel to, and work from, our London office.
You’ll get bonus points for:
- Experience using image manipulation software such as Photoshop.
- Experience using website content management systems (such as Wordpress, ExpressionEngine and Craft).
- Knowledge of onsite SEO and writing for a digital environment.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other analytics tools.
- Full driving license and own car.
- Beautiful converted-warehouse studio in Hayle, a stone’s throw from the beach.
- Designer workspace in Clerkenwell; London’s creative hub.
- Team social fund and regular team lunches.
- Flexible 24 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Early 4pm finish on a Friday (when your workload allows).
- Dedicated training and conference budget, plus peer-to-peer training.
- Amazing team of 12 designers, developers, copywriters and project managers.
- Knowledge sharing encouraged with regular workshops, talks and sharing lunches.
- A relaxed working environment.
- Tea, coffee and fresh fruit provided.
- Strong work/life balance ethos.
How to apply
If you think you’d fit in here, please send an email (stating the position you are applying for) with a CV, covering letter and sample of your writing work, to email@example.com
Our application process
If we like the look of your CV and sample text, we’ll ask you to complete a short task so that we can get a better idea of your writing ability and style. If this ticks our boxes, we’ll invite you to come in for an initial interview.
We have a two-stage interview process: the first stage involves a formal one-hour interview with our Content Strategist and another senior member of the team, where we’ll talk about your skillset and ability to do the job. If you’re successful at this stage, you’ll then be invited back for a second – more informal – chat, during which we’ll want to meet you as a person and get a feel for how you might fit within the team. If we think that this isn’t the position for you, we’re happy to give constructive feedback and any pointers we may have following the interview.
There’s no fixed closing date for this post but we’ll be interviewing exciting candidates as we find them, so we suggest sending applications as soon as possible. No agencies, please.