£17,000-19,000 pro-rata, depending on experience
Likely 20-25 hours per week
Flexible working hours considered
We anticipate that this will be a part-time role, working up to 20-25 hours per week. Our typical working day is 9am-5.30pm and we’re happy to discuss flexible working hours within this.
Day-to-day tasks are detailed below, and are split between maintaining the smooth running of the studio and providing finance and accounting support to the project management team and directors.
- Answer the phone, transfer calls and take messages.
- Welcome clients to the studio and organise refreshments.
- Maintain and update client and supplier contact details in our CRM.
- Ensure all new business leads are responded to in a prompt and professional manner.
- Monitor several email accounts.
- Take responsibility for organising and maintaining the efficient running of the studio, e.g. phones, printers, stationery, supplies, banking, post, utilities, insurances, health and safety, recycling and archiving.
- Keep a record of staff holidays, training and sickness.
- Help to make the studio a welcoming and creative environment, keeping the space tidy and prepared for meetings.
- Contribute to our positive work environment.
- Look after the archiving of projects and printed work.
Quotes & jobs
- Record and track staff time against the relevant job each day.
- Working alongside the project management team, lead on taking responsibility for maintaining effective filing systems to track client retainers, domains, hosting accounts, expenses, software costs, supplier invoices and studio bills.
- Assist the project management team and directors by producing regular financial reports to keep track of billable hours, profitability, overspend and new business forecasts.
- Work within our accounting software, Xero, and maintain daily reconciles.
- Prepare and send client invoices, and export to accountancy software.
- Reconcile the company credit card and post to Xero.
- Keep a record of client payments and follow up with debtors by phone and email on a weekly basis.
- Pay suppliers and team expenses, and maintain petty cash.
- Purchase ledger invoices.
- VAT returns.
- Monthly salaries in conjunction with our accountants.
- Overseeing pension contributions and updates.
- Uphold the Nixon Design ethos in all client interactions.
- Be an active part of the team, building good working relationships and acting professionally in all business matters.
- Arrange and attend studio events and team socials.
- Support the marketing team with events and mail outs.
- Help to keep the Nixon Design website up-to-date.
- Support other team members with ad hoc tasks as required.
Skills and experience
- Aptitude for numbers and problem solving.
- Capable of working calmly under pressure.
- Happy working under own initiative with a proactive attitude.
- Proficient using MS Office Word, Excel and Google Mail.
- Ideally, experienced in using Mac software.
- Experience using customer relationship management systems.
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Why you’ll love it here
- Beautiful converted-warehouse studio in Hayle, a stone’s throw from the beach.
- Designer workspace in Clerkenwell, London’s creative hub.
- Team social fund and regular team lunches.
- Flexible 24 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Dedicated training and conference budget, plus peer-to-peer training.
- Amazing team of 12, including designers, developers, copywriters and project managers.
- Knowledge sharing encouraged with regular workshops, talks and sharing lunches.
- A relaxed working environment.
- Tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit provided.
- Strong work/life balance ethos.
How to apply
If you think you’d fit in here, please send an email (stating the position you are applying for) with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th May.
Strictly no agencies, please.